21/02/2013

Review:Kim Kardashian Fragrance



I'm the first to admit I get stuck in a rut when it comes to perfume. I find one I like and I just stick to it and I have an extensive collection of 3 perfumes. So believe me I'm no expert. But I've made it my mission to dip my toe in the water and try out new scents. I've been testing out a sample of Kim Kardashian's signature perfume (as far as I'm aware it's just called Kim Kardashian but don't quote me on it).

I hadn't heard much about this perfume, probably because until now that kind of thing never caught my eye, so I've done my research! I flipping love Kim herself, and I know that's a controversial opinion, but I just love how glamorous and flawless she looks!

This scent is beautiful- really feminine, with crisp top notes and just a lovely mix of sensual spices to make you feel all nice and girly! It's super fresh and not at all overpowering, which I hate in a perfume. Obviously as it's a sample I can't comment on the packaging, but from the picture on the sample,it does look like quite a chic bottle, nothing too fancy. It's an easy to wear, everyday kind of scent. I wouldn't say it's one you'd whip out especially if you were going out- it doesn't quite have that wow factor. I also found the scent didn't linger around that long, after maybe 2 hours I couldn't smell it on me at all, even after I doused myself in 3/4 spritzes. None the less I am a fan, and I will seriously consider buying the full size bottle.

Claude Dir, the master perfumer behind the scent, said he used "gorgeous voluptuous florals that have an appealing and captivating nature to capture the facets of Kim's personality." Apparently, the "jasmine, tuberose and gardenia deliver an undeniable femininity that compliments Kim. Tonka bean, jacaranda wood and sandalwood adds a warm sensual feeling throughout the fragrance, evoking the soft side of Kim."


Debenhams currently sells this perfume for £23.00 for a 30ml bottle, £30.00 for a 50ml bottle, so not too pricey for a celebrity perfume.


No comments:

Post a Comment