22/01/2013

Mrs Incredible Inspired Makeup


(image from google)

I was inspired by this picture of 'Mrs Incredible' from the movie The Incredibles and this is just my interpretation of this look.. I'm no professional but it was fun to create!

 Base

I started off with a cleansed face following my routine here and then moisturised using the Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Moisturising Day Cream which gives the perfect base for makeup.
I then mixed Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 with Revlon Photoready Foundation in 002 Vanilla on the back of my hand. I applied this to my face and neck using my Real Techniques Stippling Brush to create a flawless base.
I dabbed on a little of my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 2 Light on my redness and blemishes.
I then used my Real Techniques Powder Brush to dust a bit of my Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder in 021 Transparent to set my base.
Finally to contour, I used an angled foundation brush to create a shadow under my cheekbones with Natural Collection Peach Melba blush. (Use a light hand)

 



Eyes 


 

Using Rimmel Colour Rush Eyeshadow in 214 Jet Black and a synthetic eye shader brush, I extended my lower lash line up toward the end of my eyebrow, stopping when I reached my crease. Then I dragged the line inwards along the crease of my eyelid, right into the inner corner as if I was tracing out my lid. Then I went back to my lower lash line, drawing the shadow along there until I reached my inner eye again.


I then brought the line on my crease down a bit, shading as I went.


Next, using my Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black and a synthetic liner brush, I drew over the line on my crease and shaded in my entire lid.


 

(It doesn't have to be neat at this point)
I then used the gel liner to go over the line I'd created on my lower lash line.


I then used a Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black to line my tightline and waterline. (I then decided this wasn't intense enough and went over it with my gel liner. This also got rid of the white gaps in my liner)
I wanted my brows to be defined but natural for this look, so I ran a bit of MAC Cork eyeshadow through them with an angled brush to just square them off a bit.
Using a cotton bud dipped in a little bit of MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW15, I cleaned up the edges around the eyeliner to make it look more precise. I then layered on L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic mascara (falsies are optional).
I went back over the edges with my black eyeshadow to just soften the lines and make the look a bit more wearable.

This is the finished eye.




The Lips
The black eyes are to symbolise the mask that the incredibles wear, so I thought a bold red lip would contrast nicely as it is the costume colour.
I used the new formula Kate Moss lipstick in 110.
I also dabbed a bit of this lippy onto the back of my hand, then using a duo fibre blush brush I put a little bit onto the apples of my cheeks!
The Finished Look


Apologies for the bad quality of pictures, I rely on my iPhone and it isn't the best!
Hope you enjoyed this look, as I said I'm not a professional!!
Katie xo









No comments:

Post a Comment