14/05/2013

Rekindled Love: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation



I first tried this foundation a few months back after hearing Brogan from brogantatexo talk about how much she loved it. But I couldn't see what she meant. I hated it. I tried to persevere because I hate wasting products but I found it broke me out, it was very drying and it just didn't blend well at all. 
Fast forward a few months and I tried it again. I don't know if my skin type has changed since then, but what a difference. I'm glad I tried it again rather than binning it because it's become my favourite foundation at the minute! 
It's very light on the skin, not as light as MAC Face and Body, but still light enough for summer. It has medium to full coverage and it's easily buildable. I have the shade 51 and it's a perfect match for me. It gives such a nice glow from within (I hate that cliche) and is perfect for summer. It doesn't make me look oily and it doesn't appear drying like last time. I do find that I need to powder my tzone after using this foundation and I don't have particularly oily skin. I find that without powder, after a few hours it starts to feel well around my tzone and somewhat slippy. But a touch of powder just gets rid of this problem all together. 

All in all I really love this foundation now, and I want to thank Brogan for always mentioning it, because it's meant that I tried it again just to see. And I'm so glad I did! 





Are there any products you've loved the second time round?
Katie xxx


I've entered the Cosmo Blog Awards. Please take a minute to nominate me under 'Best New Beauty Blog' here. Thankyou! 


No comments:

Post a Comment